Libraries can be involved with the preservation project in a couple of different ways. Described below are the basic instructions how to let LLMC know of available donations and preserved copies.
To donate a title:
1) Go to the title’s page. This is done by “Search All Holdings,” “Search for Titles,” or “Search Descriptions” under “Search Holdings.” Click here for a more comprehensive help on getting to a title page.
2) On the title page you will see a “Donate Holdings” button.
3) If you have not already logged in, you will come to a login screen. If you have already logged in, you will go straight to the donation page (skip down to step 6).
4) If you already have an account, type in your user name and password and skip to step 5.
5) If you do not have an account, click on the “Create a New Account” link. Here you will be asked to enter in information regarding your institution. You will also create a user name and password. This is done so that contact information does not need to be filled out every time you donate books. Once you are finished entering all your information, click on “Create” and you will be go straight to the Donation page
6) The donation page, consists of the volume run for the title, a checkbox next to the volume, and a notes area.
a. Check the box if you are donating that volume, uncheck if you are not. (Note: There are buttons to check all volumes if you are donating all the volumes for the given title). Feel free to enter in notes for a specific volume or for the entire title.
7) Click “Submit Donation” when you are done
To preserve a title:
1) Same as step 1 above
2) On the title page, click on the “Preserve Holdings” button.
3) If you are logged in and are a preservation library you will go to the preserve page. (Skip to step 5)
4) If you do not have a preservation library account and would like to become a preservation library, please contact Jerry Dupont at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) The Preserve page has the volume run of the title, the Quality Grade and Notes. Enter in the Quality Grade of the volume(s) you are committed to preserve. “I” indicates you have a book in unsatisfactory condition while a “S” is a book in satisfactory condition.
6) There is a section for notes if you wish to write any.
7) Click “Submit Preservation” when you are done.
Note: It will take about a week for LLMC to process your submittal and update the website to reflect your preservation commitment.